January 21, 2009

Fred Goodwin at the Royal Bank of Scotland went out and lost $41 billion last year as he enriched himself. Now the UK is on the brink of failure.


$41 billion.

In one year.

I put money on the Cubs once. It was a stupid, stupid bet. But I knew there was a chance it could go bad, and that I could lose it all.

Evidently, Fred Goodwin, RBS's failed CEO, either was too stupid to know he was gambling. Or he knew damn well he was gambling, but that it really didn't matter, since he'd still get paid his millions. And the taxpayers would be there to pay the debt when the bet went bad.

Arrest these thieves. All of 'em. Claw back their ill-gotten gains. Put them in the clink until they pay.

$41 billion.

Nice work Fred.

Bloody wanker.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never was able to understand how you could replace industry jobs with jobs in finance. Without industry what's there to finance?

The UK right now is what you get if you take Iceland and multiply it with a thousand. The banks losses are a bottomless pit, and the market is finally waking up to the fact that there is no way, no how the government can cover for them.

blogger said...

You know, I can't even picture what a UK failure would look like. But I need to figure that out soon, as I think it's more likely than not.

The UK doesn't have enough reserves to cover the UK banks' losses.

The UK is thus insolvent.

Maybe they can seize the Queen's assets? And sell off the states' property?

IMF bailout for the UK? Emergency conversion to the Euro?

I may have to leave for a bit if it gets ugly. Maybe I'll head to Iceland.

Anonymous said...

.




RULE #1: WE DON'T ARREST ILLUMINATI MEMBERS




.

Anonymous said...

well the UK already sold off most of its pubs, posh real estate and football teams...not much left...

or perhaps they could get Rothschild for $2 Trillion in back taxes?

Anonymous said...

Thank you Keith, I was wondering about this, it did sound familiar. I'm sure it's been licensed for films and/ or commercials before... anyone know?

The quartet performance was my third most favorite part of yesterday, the performers were really jamming, for lack of a better word... an amazing day in all.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how much they could get for the Koh-I-Noor... perhaps India would like to buy it back for.. $10 billion??? "He who owns it is victorious over all enemies"... unless they are your own banking system, I guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koh-i-Noor_diamond

Anonymous said...

Keefer,

Get out of the UK. Come to SE Asia. The people here have been slaves for centuries to the elite and know their place. Riots will come here after everywhere else. It hath been foretold.

-Mike

Buy gold online - quickly, safely and at low prices